Monday, January 13, 2014

highly happy and "yes"

The Surprising Secrets of Highly Happy Marriages
                      
If you are into statistics, you will very much enjoy this book.  The author put much time into providing the reader with a variety of statistical evidence characteristic of  "highly happy" marriages.  I would guess that these statistics define "highly happy" (or content) people in general.  I have to admit, I fast-fwd read through some of the statistics to get to the principles.  The words" highly happy" are repeated through the book.  This book is written in a way that someone without a "churchy" background can pick it up and easily understand some Biblical love principles right out of 1 Corinthians 13.  When I choose to "always hope" or expect the best in my spouse (or anyone) I am happy because I am doing love God's way.  When I keep no record of wrongs and choose to forgive, I may not necessarily feel "highly happy", but I do experience peace.
 Love is patient,
 love is kind.
It does not envy,
does not boast,
 it is not proud.
It does not dishonor others,
it is not self-seeking,
it is not easily angered,
it keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil
but rejoices with the truth.
 It always protects,
 always trusts,
always hopes,
always perseveres.
Shaunti Feldhahn
  
Shaunti Feldhahn is the best-selling author of For Women Only and other books with sales of more than two million copies in 22 languages. With a master’s degree from Harvard, Shaunti uses her analytical skills to uncover life-changing surprises about our most important relationships. Her research has been featured on The Today Show, Focus on the Family radio, in Cosmopolitan magazine, and in the New York Times. She and her husband, Jeff, have two children and live in Atlanta.
   

I received a copy of this book for the purpose of review.
  

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment